Friday, August 10, 2012

it's only temporary


What a wonderful experience New Hampshire was! I can’t say it enough, but I really am grateful to have been able to take part in the LEAF program. I’ve learned so much, I’m surprised my brain hasn’t gone on overload, ha ha. There was just so much to take in; so much to be educated on. On our drive to NH, I remember staring out the window and just seeing trees. Driving back to NY, I see all different kinds. I saw tons of trees I’ve already learned about, and even more I need to learn about. My eyes are definitely opened. I also scream out the names of invasive species when I see them. :P
Build that bridge!

I met great, amazing people in NH. I could never forget Wink, Lisa, Andrew, and Megan! They played such a huge role in our stay here and it just would not have been the same without them. I met some other awesome people as well, such as Krista and Daryl. These kind people, who have such an immense passion for what they do, have affected me, not just in the work field, but have taught me lessons in life, that I know I’ll be carrying with me forever. I will never forget all those nights we gazed at the beautiful night sky and saw shooting stars, the bonfire, the game of Spoons played at the cabin in Pittsburg with Wink, Lisa, Sara, and my fellow interns, building a bridge with Andrew, counting spat with Kara and Ray, CANOPY ZIPLINING (too cool!), pulling invasive species, ICE CREAM, and swimming everywhere, but in an actual swimming pool (I wouldn’t have it any other way).
So much beauty...

Sara said that if you’re really missing everyone and everything, then you must have had a great time (Well… She said something like that, but I totally butchered it), which I definitely did (in case you couldn’t tell ha ha). I loved every moment, and I’ll cherish every memory! Our final goodbye was teary and heart-wrenching, but I know it’s temporary. This is not “goodbye”, simply a “see you again.”
-Sharon Peter August 4, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment