Thursday, August 9, 2012

what happens in NH...

Exploring the mud...

These past few weeks in New Hampshire has been one of the best experiences that I have ever had. I don’t think I have ever made so many meaningful memories and learned so many new things in such a short period of time. There is a saying that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Clearly, this saying does not apply to New Hampshire. What happened in NH this summer will stay with me forever. The life lessons and skills that I have learned here will be useful throughout my life. The memories that I have made here will become life stories that I will retell over and over again. I will always remember and admire the people that I have met on this journey. They all shared a passion and love for their jobs that has encouraged me to chase after my own dreams as well. There has been so much that I have gained from this experience and so much more I hope that this experience can help me gain in the future.  

Live free or die, baby!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everybody that has followed this blog. Knowing that there were readers out there who were interested in what we were doing really encouraged me to work even harder. Hopefully, reading this blog also encouraged other people to step up and do something about the environment. While this might be the end of my journey as a LEAF intern, for me this is just the beginning. The LEAF program and TNC was my introduction to this field of work. Now I will rely on myself and everything that I have learned from this experience to move forward.  

 ~Jessica Chen 08/03/2012

No comments:

Post a Comment