Monday, July 16, 2012

down and dirty


Squeezing through a tight space...

I don’t know where to begin. So much has happened this weekend and I can’t believe how much New Hampshire, not to sound cheesy, has changed me. Yesterday, Daniela, Samantha, Jessica, Sara (Yes I got into the habit of calling her by her first name -_-), and Lisa (our super cool and funny New Hampshire TNC seasonal) and I went to Loon Mountain. There, we went through rock passages created by glaciers that passed about ten thousand years ago. It was very tricky! The group got down and dirty, and emerged out of the caves with scratches. I got two on my left knee. After going through the caves, we went on a zip line, which was nothing compared to the canopy zip lines we did today at the Bretton Woods Canopy Tours, but it was pretty awesome at that moment! Afterwards, we went rock climbing… I’m mortified because, I went up the rock wall like six times, but never got to actually ring the bell. Even though I messed up three quarters of the way each time, I’m proud of myself for not giving up (AND SO ARE THE REST OF US!!! She did great! ~ Samantha). I had the purple-ish red bruises to prove it (even though it faded, but I have the callouses!). I did learn how persistent I am and how I’m not willing to give up… Or it could have been the ice cream Sara promised me if I didn’t give up!!! ;D

 -Sharon Peter, July 15, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment