Tuesday, July 24, 2012

two words

Who's that lucky guy in the middle?

Two words. COLLEGE VISIT! Today, we went to Plymouth State University (which was a great university by the way). There, we met Cheyenne, our student tour guide, Bill, one of The Nature Conservancy’s Board of Trustees members, Daryl, the Director of TNC New Hampshire, and Sara Jayne Steen, the president of the university. They were all so nice and gave us an exceptional tour of the campus.  The PSU was rich in history and has such a nice campus, and I’m so grateful to have been able to take part in that. So thanks for the tour guys! After the tour, we had a farewell dinner with the people we worked with for the past few weeks. I could feel myself getting teary-eyed at the thought of saying goodbye. There were so many amazing memories and moments, which I will never forget. I was taught so much and I know I’ll apply it to my life to the best of my ability. I’m so grateful to have been given this opportunity to know Wink and Lisa. Tomorrow we leave for Durham, and I’m not in sure what the South has in store for us, but I’m sure it’ll be just as great!

Sharon Peter, July 21, 2012

---

Glorious!

I like that we ended our stay in North Conway the same way we started: on a mountain surrounded by great people. I can’t emphasize how amazing people have been these past weeks. Now sitting at a bonfire with the most epic s’mores and stars as far as one can see, I have to reflect on my experience. I will without a doubt always remember among other things the stay at the cabin playing Spoons (a card game) and driving in search for moose in the afternoon. I laughed so much that day and it was nice that we could stop, stare at the scenery, and learn of different plants along the way. (From the best teachers of course, Lisa and Wink.) The trip so far has been, in my opinion, quite well-rounded. I’m visiting colleges, thinking of the future, enjoying nature as well as helping it, and all while making new friends.

Daniela Escobar July 21, 2012

1 comment:

  1. It is great to hear about all the things you all are accomplishing and the new experiences you have had...

    ReplyDelete